Do you feel like you are missing out on life amid a wind of activities and personal drama’s? Would you want more relaxed days? That is not likely to happen, but you can reduce the clutter and make your life simpler by making a few decisions and some few changes. These six tips will go a long way in helping you reduce clutter as well as make your life easier.
1. If you have been avoiding doing a task and it keeps nagging at you, it’s time to finish it. Having the most challenging project or tasks done and out of your way will make you less worried of doing it later and then you will have the freedom to move on to the things that you would prefer doing with a clear conscience.
2. Do you receive plenty of newspaper into your life and your house on a daily basis? You can choose to stop the unwanted paper from stress you, taking up your time and creating clutter. Get yourself off junk mail lists. You can use some companies which can remove you from unwanted email lists. To find companies that offer such services, search online. You can reduce the total amount of junk mail by over 90% by registering to have my name removed from lists. Reduce the amount of unwanted mails and catalogues you are getting.
3. Reduce clutter in your house and car. Having lots of things stresses you up because it requires effort and time to maintain it and it destructs us from anything else we would be focusing on. It also leads to time wastage as we search for items. Give away or sell things that you do not use.
4. Clearing debts can reduce clutter if this is something you worry about. Or if you use your cards to buy stuff just because it’s available on sale, a good but or simply too good or pass up and you do not need. Having fewer things makes things easier.
5. Pay your bills online and get your statements online rather than receiving ending paper bills. This eliminates the need to utilize your time to write a check, get an envelope and a stamp (which saves money) and send it to the mailbox. Make a folder on the computer to send the alarms you receive when you are notified by your bank that a bill was paid. This is a great method of reducing clutter.
6. Instead of trying to remember everything in your mind, utilize a planner. Take it along with you everywhere you go. This will lessen clutter in your bag, car, on your kitchen countertops, also in your desk because you will not have these little pieces of paper with appointments and notes stuck or all over your house.
Think about the benefits of less clutter and a simpler life. Keep yourself focused as you work towards bettering your own life.